DOES YOUR CHILD STRUGGLE IN A TRADITIONAL SETTING?
Registration for the 2022-2023 school year begins March 29. We will be moving to 251 E. Lake Brantley Longwood, FL 32779 by July 15. We know you want to see the our new facility so we are hosting school tours at the new facility: Click here for dates and sign-up or to set up a time to meet with our Principal.
OUR S.T.A.R. (Students and Teachers Achieving Results) program for grades 6-8 & 9-12 offers an individualized learning environment for students who struggle to learn in a traditional classroom environment
A few highlights for you to consider
Day School Remote Option. Students in STAR may attend school at HOME along with our Day School STAR Classroom M-F. The program is exactly the same as our on-campus program, except you will receive classroom instruction, discussions, etc. via Zoom. Teachers post the lesson plans weekly, grade the work, and students can easily upload their work to their teacher Dropbox for grading. Local students can participate in all on-campus school events. The Gardiner and AAA Scholarships are accepted for this option. Since students will not be on-campus the McKay Scholarship is not accepted
• Highly individualized instruction with a learner/teacher ratio of 8:1.
• Each student is assessed individually – we build the curriculum around their needs.
• S.T.A.R. students share the campus with the K-12 Day School and follow the same procedures and policies.
• High school students attending the S.T.A.R. program can graduate from Champion Preparatory Academy with either a regular or a career diploma. Both diploma options are accepted at colleges across the nation. A certificate of participation is available for a student who cannot complete the required credits for a diploma but who has been in attendance for four years of school.
Students and teachers are kind and considerate of each other, and class is small and individualized so that each student can learn at his or her own rate. Students and teachers are kind and considerate of one another. The setting is serene and calm with a small number of students on campus yet has all the advantages of a bigger school. The key to the success of this program is the constant communication between parents, students, and teachers. We encourage parents to visit and communicate with teachers anytime they have questions or concerns.
We will use a variety of curriculum. The curriculum will be determined once we assess the actual needs of the students in the class. We will utilize an online curriculum, textbooks, supplemental worksheets, and multi-sensory and individualized teaching. Teachers will give parents a book list once they have determined the best books for their child. A books are included in your tuition.
New for 2022-2023- Transition Program for students grades 9-12 that need a slower pace, but are able to learn from our regular Day School curriculum. Students must have a teacher recommendation to enroll in this program.
Step 1: Download and review a Day School Information Packet.
Step 2: Listen to the Pre-Recorded Day School Information Webinar or attend a Campus Tour & Information Meeting (No sign-up required for Campus Tours Every Tues. & Thurs. at 1PM beginning June 15-School office closed July 4-15)
Step 3: If you are ready to begin the enrollment process-Apply here
Step 4: Admissions will contact you to set up a family interview!
• Enrollment begins March 29, 2022
• Priority is given to students on the waiting list after current members re-enroll.
• Once accepted, our enrollment specialist will help you finalize your school enrollment and financial details.
• Parents need to submit the Form 603 Transfer of Records to their previous school in order to transfer records to us.
• VPK students also need to register with the Seminole County Early Learning Coalition to obtain their certificate of Eligibility.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMATION
ENROLL IN OUR REMEDIAL
251 E. Lake Brantley Dr.
Longwood, FL 32779